I&O leaders evaluating SDS tools for storage management as part of their infrastructure modernization strategy must choose products that can perform multivendor storage management. Other essential attributes include integration with popular cloud management platforms and IT monitoring tools.
- Use REST API Services to Deliver Storage Services and Enable Integration With SDI
- Implement Storage Services as Part of an End-to-End Application and Infrastructure Service, Invoked Through a Service Catalog
- Monitor Storage Environments Using Enterprise IT Infrastructure Monitoring Tools for a Complete View of the IT Environment
- Case Study No. 1 — EMC ViPR With VMware vRealize Cloud Management Platform
- Case Study No. 2 — Huawei OceanStor DJ With OpenStack Framework
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.