User and business demands require technical professionals who architect and develop web apps to deliver innovative solutions while maintaining predictability and consistency. A bimodal strategy with decoupled web clients, APIs and services will balance both by using different rates of delivery.
- Understanding Mode 1 and Mode 2 Web Applications
- Identify Modes Based on Cadence or Pace of Change
- Define Bimodal Opportunities and Priorities
- Facilitate Bimodal Using a Flexible Web Application Architecture
- Identify and Prepare for Bimodal Options Using the Web Application Architecture
- Minimize Cross-Mode Dependencies
- Use APIs to Promote Flexible Integration Between Mode 1 and Mode 2 Applications and Services
- Use Mediated APIs to Decouple Back-End Services and Legacy Systems
- Build Specialized APIs and Services to Enable Mode 2
- Identify and Minimize Data Dependencies
- Optimize the Ability to Switch Web Application Development Modes
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.