CMOs must ensure that they optimize their innovation investments while delivering near-term goals. CMOs can use this research to build their understanding of marketing innovation investment patterns, informing their future innovation spend commitments.
What You Need to Know
- Marketing Innovation Delivers Business Value
- Innovation Investment Is a Strategic Decision
- CMOs Must Understand the Marketing Innovation Investment Landscape
- Innovation Investment Is Increasing Year Over Year
- Digital Commerce and Customer Experience Lead Innovation Priorities
- Industry Breakdown: Strong Commitment to Marketing Innovation in High Tech, CPG and Media Industries
- Industry Breakdown: Manufacturing, Financial Services and Retail Lag in Marketing Innovation Investment
What You Need to Do
- Do This First
- Priority Actions for You
- Priority Action for Your Team
- Priority Action for Your Peers
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2021 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.