Marketing leaders with digital commerce responsibilities must adapt from a plan for building awareness to a blueprint for delivering digital commerce results. Marketers must build a strategy to drive online acquisition, conversion and profitable revenue growth.
- Build Data-Driven Segments to Target Online Buyers
- Target Existing Customers or Lookalikes
- Target a Different Type of Customers
- Adopt Performance Marketing and Direct Response Tactics
- Mobile Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Partner/Channel (Affiliate) Marketing
- Email and Content Marketing
- Budget for Performance Marketing and Direct Response
- Orchestrate, Test and Optimize Based on Commerce Goals
- Build and Refine Campaign Targets
- Use Real-Time Behavior to Design Event-Triggered Marketing
- Apply Predictive Analytics to Enable Dynamic Personalization
- Connect Customers to Commerce Along Their Journey
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.