UEBA utilizes machine learning and other advanced analytics to detect threats and simplify the work of technical professionals focused on security. This research contrasts top UEBA technologies based on use cases and capabilities and highlights common usage scenarios and tool evaluation processes.
- Comparison Criteria
- UEBA Solution Use Cases Comparison
- UEBA Tool Capabilities
- Capability Comparison
- UEBA Defined
- Generic UEBA Product Architecture
- UEBA Products vs. UEBA Capabilities
- Just How Smart Is UEBA?
- UEBA Drivers and Business Case
- The UEBA Market
- SIEM vs. UEBA
- SIEM With UEBA
- Open-Source Alternatives
- UEBA Trends and Future
- Organizations Benefiting From UEBA
- Challenges With UEBA
- Data Collection: Availability and Quality
- Different Expert Labor
- Tool Tuning Challenges
- Proving Future Detection From Low-Criticality Examples
- Alert, Incident and Anomaly Response Process
- Effectiveness Measurement Challenges
- Performance Problems Around Collection
- Challenges Baselining Messy IT Environments
- Cross-Silo Nature of UEBA
- Privacy Challenges
- Building a Business Case for UEBA
- Selecting UEBA Tools
- UEBA Selection Focus Areas
- Deploying UEBA
- Use-Case Assessment Criteria
- Vendor Profiles
- Running a UEBA POC
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.