Sourcing and vendor management leaders negotiating VMware ELAs risk noncompliance and overspending without a well-defined quote request. To optimize your deal, we provide best practices for acquiring comparable VMware renewal and new software license data using a VMware-customized RFQ template.
- Customized Proposal Requests Are Essential for VMware ELA Optimization
- Look Past the Sales Pitch to Validate Benefits
- Work With a Qualified Reseller to Get the Best Deal
- Compare ELA Types to Find the Best Fit
- Elements of Gartner's Customized Proposal
- Acquire Itemized SnS Renewal Data for All Product Licenses Due for SnS Renewal From Your VMware Reseller
- Demand Product License Details That Include Product Family, Part Description, Product Code (SKU), Appropriate Regional or Global List Prices, SnS Term End Dates and Offered Prices for All New Licenses
- Require VMware to Provide Editable Copies of the Governing Documents to Facilitate Negotiations of Them for Compliance Risk Mitigation and Establishment of a Better Risk and Reward Balance
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.