CIO Leadership in Innovation and Strategic Business Change Primer for 2017
Published: 20 April 2017
With digital technologies accelerating the speed of business change, enterprises need a new approach to strategy, one that integrates business, innovation, information and technology. This research agenda is designed to help CIOs lead this effort.
Table Of Contents
- Top Challenges and How Gartner Can Help
- How do CIOs create and communicate an integrated strategy that is business-focused and includes innovation, information and technology?
- How do CIOs contribute to evolving and innovating the business model and business operating model?
- How do CIOs lead digital business success through people-centric design principles and practices?
- How do CIOs build a sustainable innovation process and culture?
- Suggested First Steps
- Essential Reading
- Tools and Toolkits
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.