Hyperconverged infrastructures are rapidly gaining acceptance, but are also evolving into many form factors. Technology product management leaders can use this research to determine how they can best leverage software-based hyperconvergence in order to capitalize on new market opportunities.
- Market Structure Trend: HCIS Appliance Market Trend in 2017 and Beyond
- HCIS Becomes a Mainstream Alternative to SDDC Products
- Existing HCIS Appliance Benefits and Limitations
- The Case for Software-Based Hyperconvergence
- Increasing Software-Based Hyperconverged Availability and Software-Defined Compute Competition From Established SDDC Providers, Emerging Providers and Hyperscale Cloud Providers
- Buyer Trends: What Are the Most Appropriate Use Cases for Hyperconverged Software-Enabled Solutions?
- Users Looking for Flexibility Outside of Traditional Use Cases
- Users Needing Scalability With Better I/O Options
- Users Looking for Savings From Virtualization Licensing Fees
- Users Wanting to Avoid Expensive Upfront Cost and Commitment
- Users Focusing on Flexible Hybrid Cloud Deployment
Vendors to Watch
- Full Stack SDDC Finally Arriving?
- HCIS Deployment Categories
- Homogeneous Hardware Appliance
- Full OEM
- Reference Architecture/Certified Designs
- Software Only
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.