Relational databases continue to be a prime target for data thieves, and security vulnerabilities are compounded by the adoption of big data platforms, such as Hadoop, and NoSQL databases and DBaaS. Technology strategic planners must use this research to reassess the database security landscape.
- Databases Are Moving to the Cloud
- Even Cloud-Hosted Organizational Data Needs Orchestration With On-Premises Data Protection Policies
- Integration Between DCAP, DAP and DLP for More Secure Databases
- Database Security Market Drivers
- The Relationship Between DCAP and DLP
- Encryption, Tokenization and Key Management
- Format Preserving Encryption
- Keyless Encryption
- Data Redaction and Data Masking
- Technology Trend
- Technology Evolution Is Adding Capabilities for Stronger Security
Vendors to Watch
- Vendors Driving Current Database Security Market Trends
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.