As the DCIM market matures, differentiation is no longer solely focused on product functionality. Technology product management leaders must also consider how IoT, edge computing, cloud, automation and adjacent applications will impact the DCIM market and adjust their roadmaps accordingly.
- The DCIM Market Is Evolving to Include More Than Just the Data Center
- Customers Are Seeking a Broader View of Their Infrastructure
- The Idea of Automation Is Becoming More Palatable to Users
- DCIM Customers Are Expressing More Interest in the As-a-Service Model
- Market Structure Trend: The DCIM Market Is Consolidating
- Buyer Trend: Potential Buyers Continue to Struggle With Traditional Concerns
- Customer Concerns About Ease of Deployment and Use
- Customer Concerns About Integration With Other Infrastructure Software
- Customer Concerns About Price
Vendors to Watch
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2021 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.