It is possible to create sustainable risk and security services that deliver defined levels of risk at defined cost. CIOs must adopt a narrative that changes the perception of the risk and security program away from being a cost center that protects the organization from all possible threats.
- Treat Risk and Security Like a Business Service
- Setting the Stage: Cybersecurity Evolution
- Adopt a New Risk and Cybersecurity Narrative and Paradigm for Executives
- There Is No Such Thing as Perfect Protection
- Use This Narrative Effectively
- Develop a Plan to Treat Risk and Security Like a Business Service
- Addressing Common Questions About This Approach Applied to Cybersecurity
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.