CMOs are under increasing pressure to prove and improve the impact of their marketing and advertising programs, but measurement efforts are often disconnected from the full customer journey. Use this framework to push your team to deliver a more holistic measurement program.
What You Need to Know
- Marketing and Customer Analytics Are Vital Capabilities
- Comprehensive Marketing Analytics Not "There" Yet
- Build a Master Marketing Record With Improved Technologies
- Know the State of Your Marketing Measurement
- Understand the Limits of the Four Types of Measurement
- Start With Data Discipline to Build Holistic Measurement
- Follow These Five Steps to Total Marketing Measurement
- Watch Out for These Top Four Concerns
What You Need to Do
- Do This First
- Priority Actions for You
- Priority Actions for Your Team
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.