Technical professionals responsible for cloud architecture must commit to a transformation of their organizations, governance, technology, applications and management processes to better adopt cloud services. This Solution Path presents a maturity plan for advancing your cloud adoption.
Solution Path Diagram
- Phase 1 — Elementary Cloud
- 1.1 Organizational: Sponsor and Define
- 1.2 Governance: Discover and Justify
- 1.3 Architecture: Assess Portfolio and Proof of Concept
- 1.4 Provider Brokerage: Create Master Evaluation Criteria
- 1.5 Cloud Operations: Baseline Management
- Phase 2 — Specialized Cloud
- 2.1 Organizational: Construct Organization
- 2.2 Governance: Develop Application Readiness and Access Control
- 2.3 Architecture: Set Integration Foundations
- 2.4 Provider Brokerage: Manual Provider Management
- 2.5 Cloud Operations: Operational Stability
- Phase 3 — Multicloud
- 3.1 Organizational: Train and Transform
- 3.2 Governance: Mitigate Risks
- 3.3 Architecture: Multicloud Foundations
- 3.4 Provider Brokerage: Risk-Based Management
- 3.5 Cloud Operations: Multicloud Management
- Phase 4 — Brokered Multicloud
- 4.1 Organizational: Broker IT Services
- 4.2 Governance: Policy-Based Risk Management
- 4.3 Architecture: Orchestrate Standardized Services
- 4.4 Provider Brokerage: Self-Service Provider Management
- 4.5 Cloud Operations: Self-Service Management
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.