Accurate sales forecasting continues to be a challenge with today's B2B customer life cycle. Technology business unit leaders need to make changes in sales pipeline management. This will enable sales and marketing teams to spot opportunities sooner and track their value and progress effectively.
- How to Spot a Change in Buying Process
- Outbound Leads Are Reducing
- Inbound Leads Are Increasing
- Decreased Close Rates
- Less Predictable Sales Cycles
- Synchronizing the Selling Stages With the Buying Cycle
- New Types of Opportunities From the Fluid Buying Process
- Gaining Management Support for the Modified Approach
- Four Steps to Enable Your Sales Force
- Step 1 — Let Go … a Little
- Step 2 — When a Lead Is an Opportunity
- Step 3 — The All-Important Interaction
- Step 4 — Moving Forward Is Not Always the Best Way to Go
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.