Supply chain leaders need a persuasive presentation to get C-level approval and funding for new initiatives. Save time and improve chances of success by following this four-step presentation planning process.
- Analyze Your Audience: Learn Their Priorities and Personal Decision-Making Styles
- What You Need to Know About Your Decision Makers
- Where to Find This Information
- Define Your "Ask:" Express Exactly What You Want and Make It Realistic
- Construct a Compelling Three-Part Narrative That Leads to a Decision
- Part 1: Get Agreement on the Problem in Terms That Your Audience Already Understands
- Part 2: Introduce Your Proposed Solution to the Problem and Alternatives
- Part 3: Present Your Request With Details and Next Steps
- Develop Language and Visuals That Tell a Compelling Story
- Create Eye-Pleasing Slides and Powerful Visuals
- Share Your Draft for Feedback Before the Big Meeting
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.