Bimodal workstyles will severely stress existing network processes and culture. Since close to half of IT shops have adopted bimodal IT, I&O leaders with responsibility for designing and managing network infrastructure and services must adapt to support new Mode 2 business projects.
- Invest in Your Network Personnel to Better Operate in a Bimodal Environment
- Modify the Metrics Used to Measure Your Enterprise Network to Be More Conducive to Bimodal Workstyles
- Invest in Agile Network Infrastructure and Services
- Don't Wait for Refresh to Invest
- Improve LAN and WAN Flexibility
- Ensure That Future Networking Investments Can Enable Uniform Policies Across Heterogeneous Environments
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.