I&O leaders are embracing cloud computing and all it has to offer. They realize that the cloud is not the end state, but rather an effective means of delivering some, but not all, application workloads. Determining which workloads to migrate is a critical step in an effective migration plan.
- Rationalize Which Workloads Belong Where, Based on Business Rules and Benefits
- Renovate Existing Applications Prior to, or in Lieu of, Moving to a Cloud Platform
- Relocate Workloads With a Minimum of Risk
- Replace Older Workloads With "as a Service" Offerings Where Appropriate
- Retire Workloads by Implementing Replacement or Complementary Business Functions
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.