Digital innovation is changing the way we think about organizations, from structures and processes to business ecosystems. Biological ecosystems give EA and technology innovation leaders five surprising insights into business ecosystems to help them build a world-class EA practice.
- Ecosystems as Strategic Thinking
- Ecosystems Encompass a Diverse Range of Participants, Each Playing a Different Role
- Ecosystems Are Open and Dynamic, Constantly Adapting to Change
- Ecosystems Are Defined by the Relationships and Exchanges That Compose It
- Ecosystems Are Self-Organizing, With No Single Actor in Charge
- Ecosystems Have a Degree of Resilience, but, When Stressed, They Can Undergo Regime Shifts
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.