Business ecosystems form the core of many of the most successful business models. Being able to model and analyze business ecosystems is crucial. EA and technology innovation leaders can use these seven best practices to develop their business ecosystem models and build a world-class EA capability.
- Define Your Business Outcome to Scope the Business Ecosystem
- Bring Together Diverse Perspectives to Help With the Modeling
- Identify the Actors in Your Problem Space
- Identify the Relationships Between Actors
- Look for Key Elements Within the Ecosystem
- Iterate, and Keep Evolving Your Insights
- Link Business Ecosystems With Digital Innovation to Avoid the "Cobra Effect"
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.