This Hype Cycle represents the technologies that are critical to the formation of the real-time health system. It is a vital reference for healthcare provider CIOs when assessing the value of technologies that enable the RTHS.
- What You Need to Know
- The Hype Cycle
- The Priority Matrix
- Off the Hype Cycle
- On the Rise
- Next-Generation Nurse Call
- Process Simulation Modeling
- Real-Time Health System Orchestration
- Real-Time Health System Supply Chain
- API Management
- Experiential Wayfinding
- Integrated Patient Room
- Real-Time Healthcare Costing
- At the Peak
- IoT — Hospitals
- Patient Identity Biometrics
- AI Healthcare Advisors
- RTHS Operations Dashboards
- IT Governance, Risk and Compliance
- Sliding Into the Trough
- Secure Text Messaging
- Healthcare Master Data Management
- Virtual Care
- Crisis/Incident Management
- Enterprise Fraud and Misuse Management
- Clinical Communication and Collaboration
- Patient Throughput and Capacity Management
- Unified Communications
- End-User Experience Monitoring
- Alarms and Notifications
- Application Rationalization
- Health Information Exchange
- Healthcare Interoperability
- Climbing the Slope
- Positive Patient Identification
- Patient Self-Service Kiosks
- Interactive Patient Care
- Vendor Neutral Archive
- Enterprise Mobility Management
- Entering the Plateau
- Healthcare Real-Time Location System
- Identity Governance and Administration
- Strong Authentication for Enterprise Access
- Enterprise Content Management
- Medical Device Connectivity
- Hype Cycle Phases, Benefit Ratings and Maturity Levels
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.