The digital workplace compels application leaders to confirm their deployed UCC solutions are meeting the growing vital importance of worker engagement. Innovations in technology and delivery models continue to emerge, challenging established patterns for how UCC is procured, deployed and consumed.
- What You Need to Know
- The Hype Cycle
- The Priority Matrix
- Off the Hype Cycle
- On the Rise
- 5G Services
- Spatial Audio
- Conversational User Interfaces
- At the Peak
- Workstream Collaboration
- Virtual Assistants
- VoLTE for UCC
- Hybrid Unified Communications and Collaboration
- Web Real-Time Communications
- Sliding Into the Trough
- Unified Communications Monitoring Tools
- Video Search
- Open APIs in CSPs
- Secure Instant Communications
- Cloud Office
- Communications Platform as a Service (cPaaS)
- Personalization Engines
- Mobile VoIP
- Transcoderless and Software-Based Videoconferencing Infrastructure
- Software-Defined Networking
- Mobile Hubs
- Private Cloud Communications
- Climbing the Slope
- Cloud UC (UCaaS)
- Content Collaboration Platforms
- Communications-Enabled Business Processes
- Emergency/Mass Notification Services
- Enterprise Video Content Management
- External P2P Communities
- Freemium UCC
- Entering the Plateau
- Hype Cycle Phases, Benefit Ratings and Maturity Levels
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2021 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.