Organizations typically place heavy emphasis on increasing operational efficiency and effectiveness by optimizing revenue or profitability. To improve sales execution, application leaders supporting sales technologies should evaluate the emerging and maturing technologies in this Hype Cycle.
- What You Need to Know
- The Hype Cycle
- The Priority Matrix
- Off the Hype Cycle
- On the Rise
- IoT for CRM Sales
- Sales Enablement Platforms
- Virtual Digital Sales Assistant (VDSA)
- Quota Planning
- Visual Configuration
- Voice-Driven Sales Apps
- At the Peak
- MDM and Social Data
- Account-Based Marketing (ABM)
- Customer Success Management for CRM
- Recurring Revenue Management
- Voice of the Customer
- Mobile Sales Productivity
- Predictive B2B Marketing Analytics
- Sales Predictive Analytics
- Sliding Into the Trough
- Sales Coaching Solutions
- Social for Sales
- Sales Acceleration
- Video Technology for Sales
- Sales Performance Management
- Sales Analytics
- Climbing the Slope
- Territory Planning
- Price Optimization and Management for B2B
- CPQ Application Suites
- MDM of Customer Data
- Partner Relationship Management (PRM)
- Business Information Services for Sales
- Sales Training Solutions
- Sales Contract Management
- Entering the Plateau
- Lead Management
- Digital Content Management for Sales
- Hype Cycle Phases, Benefit Ratings and Maturity Levels
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.