Supply chain and IT leaders should use this Hype Cycle to understand the maturity and viability of various supply chain execution technologies as they look at how these technologies could help grow and transform their logistics operations.
- What You Need to Know
- The Hype Cycle
- The Priority Matrix
- Off the Hype Cycle
- On the Rise
- Crowdsourced Transportation Platforms (Road)
- Blockchain in Supply Chain
- Ubiquitous Independent Logistics Grid
- Transportation Forecasting
- Warehouse Execution Systems
- Wearables in Logistics
- SCM Cloud Services
- Warehouse (Humanoid) Robots
- At the Peak
- Autonomous Mobile Robots
- Multienterprise MDM
- Warehouse Resource Planning and Scheduling
- Web-Based Logistics Portals
- Supply Chain Execution Predictive Analytics
- SCM BPO
- 3D Printing in Supply Chain
- Real-Time (Mobile-Synchronized) Route Optimization
- Commercial UAVs (Drones)
- Sliding Into the Trough
- Supply Chain Convergence
- 3D Printing in Manufacturing Operations
- TMS Multimodal/International
- RFID (Item)
- Mobile Asset Optimization
- Dock Scheduling
- Climbing the Slope
- Railcar Fleet Management Solutions
- Global Logistics Visibility
- Transportation Benchmarking Services
- Information Hubs for SCM
- SCM BPaaS
- Carrier/Supplier Appointment Scheduling
- MDM of Product Data
- Mobile Technology — Supply Chain Execution
- RFID for Logistics and Transportation
- Entering the Plateau
- Hype Cycle Phases, Benefit Ratings and Maturity Levels
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.