This Hype Cycle informs application leaders in HR and IT on the latest technological innovations in the HCM market, helping them to prioritize investment by providing insight into the maturity of key applications and technologies.
- What You Need to Know
- The Hype Cycle
- The Priority Matrix
- Off the Hype Cycle
- On the Rise
- D&I in HCM
- Worker Engagement Platforms
- Consumer HR Apps
- Neuroscience/AI-Driven Assessments
- Voice of the Employee
- Freelancer Management Systems
- Continuous Employee Performance Feedback
- Machine Learning in HCM
- Mid/Back-Office WFO
- At the Peak
- Consumer Wellness at Work
- Alumni Community Management
- Virtual Assistants
- Workforce Planning and Modeling
- Digital HR Document Management
- Employee Recognition and Reward Systems
- Video Recruiting
- Sliding Into the Trough
- Social Learning Platform
- Integrated HR Service Delivery Tools
- Workforce Analytics
- Candidate Engagement and Marketing
- Compensation Planning (Line Managers)
- Succession Management
- Climbing the Slope
- Talent Management Suites
- Performance Appraisal/Assessment
- Cloud HCM Suites
- Hype Cycle Phases, Benefit Ratings and Maturity Levels
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.