As privacy laws follow a Hype Cycle of their own, security and risk management leaders with a focus on privacy have to take into account both regulatory and technological evolutions. Both are covered in this research, allowing the prioritization of relevant requirements and investments.
- What You Need to Know
- The Hype Cycle
- The Priority Matrix
- Off the Hype Cycle
- On the Rise
- Blockchain for IAM
- Blockchain for Data Security
- Privacy in China
- Privacy Impact Assessments
- Digital Ethics
- Multiparty Computing
- At the Peak
- Data Classification
- File Analysis
- Format-Preserving Encryption
- Privacy by Design
- Privacy in Asia/Pacific
- PHI Consent Management
- Sliding Into the Trough
- Cloud Application Discovery
- EU General Data Protection Regulation
- Tag Management
- Cloud Data Protection Gateways
- Data Sanitization
- Privacy Management Tools
- Secure Instant Communications
- Privacy in Japan
- Dynamic Data Masking
- Cloud Access Security Brokers
- Privacy in Russia
- Data Management Platforms (Advertising)
- U.S. Privacy Laws
- E-Discovery Software
- Climbing the Slope
- Privacy in South America
- Consumer Mobile Security Apps
- Enterprise Mobility Management Suites
- Test Data Management
- Cloud Security Assessments
- Data Disposal Tools for Mobile Devices
- Data Loss Prevention
- Database Encryption
- Entering the Plateau
- Mobile Data Protection for Workstations
- Privacy Training
- Hype Cycle Phases, Benefit Ratings and Maturity Levels
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.