Infrastructure and operations leaders face an array of decisions about how to observe and analyze IT system events and behaviors. They should use this Hype Cycle to construct a strategy and to set expectations when investing in these technologies.
- What You Need to Know
- The Hype Cycle
- The Priority Matrix
- Off the Hype Cycle
- On the Rise
- Artificial Intelligence for IT Operations (AIOps) Platforms
- Digital Experience Monitoring
- Dynamic Optimization Technology
- Wireless Network Monitoring Tools
- Sliding Into the Trough
- Unified Communications Monitoring Tools
- Capacity Planning and Management Tools
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Monitoring
- Network Performance Monitoring and Diagnostics Tools
- Cloud Management Platforms
- Climbing the Slope
- Application Performance Monitoring Suites
- IT Infrastructure Monitoring
- IT Event Correlation and Analysis Tools
- Entering the Plateau
- Hype Cycle Phases, Benefit Ratings and Maturity Levels
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.