Supply chain leaders responsible for manufacturing strategy must balance digitization and operational excellence. Understanding the maturity and viability of the core competencies, technologies and business disciplines in this Hype Cycle helps create roadmaps, align investments and educate peers.
- What You Need to Know
- The Hype Cycle
- The Priority Matrix
- Off the Hype Cycle
- On the Rise
- Cyber Physical Systems
- Blockchain in Supply Chain
- Cognitive Expert Advisors
- Mobile Factories
- SCM Cloud Services
- Digital Twin
- At the Peak
- Workforce Analytics
- Digital Business
- Smart Robots
- Solution-Centric Supply Chains
- Machine Learning
- Augmented Reality
- Predictive Analytics
- Sliding Into the Trough
- IT/OT Convergence and Alignment
- Manufacturing Segmentation
- Supply Chain Convergence
- Cloud Computing in Manufacturing Operations
- Internet of Things for Manufacturing Operations
- 3D Printing in Manufacturing Operations
- Supply Planning
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Industrial Operational Intelligence
- Operational Technology Security
- Asset Performance Management
- Synchronized BOMs
- Track-and-Trace and Serialization
- Digital Manufacturing
- Climbing the Slope
- Manufacturing Network Design
- Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE)
- Lean Production Systems
- Supplier Quality
- External (Third-Party) Manufacturing
- Center of Excellence
- Hype Cycle Phases, Benefit Ratings and Maturity Levels
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.