As banks progress on the journey toward becoming true digital businesses, bank CIOs and their contemporaries have no choice but to fully embrace the opportunities that technology brings to totally transform many of their business models.
- What You Need to Know
- The Hype Cycle
The Priority Matrix
- Off the Hype Cycle
- On the Rise
- Blockchain Wallet Platform
- Ricardian Contracts
- Smart Contracts
- Blockchain-Based ACH Payments
- Digital Wallet Consumer Hub
- Things as Customers
- Digital Payment Advisor
- Public Cloud for Core Banking
- Geolocation Products and Services
- Digital Personal Financial Advisor
- Open Bank Systems
- At the Peak
- Cryptocurrency Hardware Wallets
- API Standards
- Cryptocurrency Software Wallets
- Digital Banking Platforms
- Payment Data Monetization
- Hybrid Cloud
- Open Banking
- Sliding Into the Trough
- Mobile Imaging for Bank Staff
- Public Cloud
- Roboadvisor 2.0
- Digital Banking Multichannel Integration Solutions
- Remote Commerce Emulation Payment Systems
- In-Branch and ATM Video
- Biometric Mobile Banking Authentication
- Social Messaging Payment App Wallet
- BIAN Standards
- Mobile-Originated Proximity Payment Systems
- Climbing the Slope
- Instant Low-Value Payment Systems
- Wearable Banking Apps
- Mobile-Originated P2P Payment Solutions (for Mature Payment Markets)
- Biometric Authentication Methods
- Mobile Imaging for Bank Customers
- Entering the Plateau
- Mobile Wireless Payment Systems (for Nonmature Payment Markets)
- Fintech APIs
- Tablet Apps
- Hype Cycle Phases, Benefit Ratings and Maturity Levels
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.