Employee demands to use the mobile and endpoint devices of their choosing pressure IT organizations into implementing BYOD and CYOD programs. Gartner's managed diversity model helps I&O leaders provide end users with device choice while also protecting assets and facilitating end-user productivity.
- Implement Gartner's Managed Diversity Model by Aligning Device Choice and Ownership Models to Predefined Tiers of Responsibility for Security and Access to Support
- Fully Managed Service Offers Business Users Full IT-Managed Operational and Security Responsibility
- Semimanaged Service Gives the User More Device Choice and Responsibility
- Exception Service Procures Third-Party Support, but the Business User Has All Device Responsibility
- Communicate the Details of Managed Diversity to Business Users and Executives by Using a Matrix to Outline the Benefits and Controls That Accompany Specific Device and Ownership Choices
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.