This study, based on responses from finance and IT leaders who have deployed cloud CPM applications, analyzes CPM and technology needs. Application leaders responsible for financial systems should use this research to help build their roadmaps and possible areas of new investment.
- Finding: Organizations of All Sizes Are Moving to the Cloud for Transactional Systems of Record
- Finding: Cloud Momentum Is Consistently Higher Across Financial Business Applications This Year
- Finding: Business Analytics and Enterprise Business Applications Continue as Top Investment Initiatives
- Finding: Despite Investments in SCPM/FCPM That Have Been Made, Finance Needs Have Not Been Addressed
- Finding: Postmodern ERP Approaches Lead Financial Management Business Application Selection
- Finding: Blockchain Is Not an Investment Priority for Finance Leadership at Present
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.