Buyers value strategy, business processes and thought leadership more than technical expertise when choosing a data and analytics service provider. Technology product management leaders must align their value propositions with these criteria to differentiate and maximize win rates.
- The Top Five Evaluation Criteria
- Strategic Expertise, Functional Skills, and Vision and Thought Leadership Are the Top Three Evaluation Priorities
- Prior Experience With a Provider Can Make or Break a Deal
- Infrastructure Expertise Goes Beyond the Traditional Build, Run and Manage the Performance of Enterprise IT Resources
- The Top Five Disqualification Reasons
- Price Is Always an Important Evaluation Criterion
- Understanding Clients' Needs, Having the Right Mix of Team Members and Being Viewed as a Strategic Partner Matters in a People Business
- Tailor RFP Response and Presentation
- Other Evaluation Criteria
Background and Context
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.