The star of the One Canon story remains the careful curation and engineering of imaging solutions. While One Canon offers infrastructure and operations leaders the potential of a fully integrated product and service portfolio, One Canon is in its infancy, and its long-term value has not been proven.
Impacts and Recommendations
- The One Canon concept has been launched, but the solutions that have been demonstrated thus far are rather narrow in scope; therefore, the true business value of One Canon remains largely untested
- Emerging technology forces of automation, predictive analytics, IoT and cloud are being effectively engineered into new Canon product patents; therefore, Canon's portfolio of advanced imaging solutions remains a core strength
- Engineering Example No. 1: UVgel
- Engineering Example No. 2: Context Management Engine
- There exists a market trend toward the expansion of solution ecosystems, yet this has had a limited impact on the Canon strategic partnership strategy, which remains largely focused on Canon-developed and -owned technology
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.