SaaS drove CRM with 14.3% growth rate to $34 billion — the largest application software market tracked by Gartner. Understanding growth across CRM segments will enable technology strategic planners to better position offerings.
Market Share Data
- Changes in 2016 Market Share Data and Definitions
Overall Market Segment Performance Analysis
- Strong Growth in CRM Market, Fueled by SaaS
- CRM Segment Analysis
- Sales Segment Accelerates by 3%
- Marketing Segment Growth Accelerates by 3%
- CSS Segment Expands
- Digital Commerce Platform Segment Grew in All Regions
- CRM Industry Analysis
- CRM Regional and Country Analysis
Top Vendors Analyzed
- Top Five Leading CRM Vendor Rankings
- Salesforce — Capitalizes on CRM SaaS Success
- SAP — Continues Leveraging Its Dominant Position in Enterprise Applications
- Oracle — Its Many CRM Acquisitions and Transition to Cloud Begin to Deliver
- Adobe — Advances in Marketing Helps Seal Its Top Four Position as a CRM Vendor
- Microsoft — Growth Derived From Its Common UI and Single Data Schema
- Information About Currency Fluctuations
Mergers and Acquisitions
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.