The CIO's role and the skills required are evolving to meet the demands of the digital era. Soft skills have become an imperative. Using the power to influence others to achieve goals is one of the most important soft skills that Chinese CIOs can master.
- Change the Mindset That Power Depends on One's Position in the Corporate Hierarchy
- Improve Your Business Acumen and Skills in Relationship Management to Enhance Your Power to Influence
- Lack of Business Knowledge
- Lack of Skills in Managing Your Relationship With Your Boss
- Lack of Skills in Managing Your Relationships With Your Peers
- Promote Your Expertise in Technology and Your Experience Leading E-Commerce
- Leading E-Commerce
- Being a Technology Expert
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.