Technical professionals supporting collaboration, content and mobility face a complex, ever-changing environment of SaaS and on-premises solutions. To succeed in 2018, IT must adopt a clear data strategy and a hybrid approach to delivering CCM by sharing ownership and administration with the user.
Collaboration, Content and Mobility Trends
- SaaS Growth Will Cause IT to Push Some Administrative Responsibilities Out to the Business
- Enterprise Search Will Be Re-evaluated and Re-emphasized as Search Evolves From Retrieval Tool to Insight Engine
- Unified Endpoint Management Will Become a Viable Replacement for Client Management and Mobile Management
- Office 365 Will Continue Its Evolution Into a Unified Collaboration Platform, but Will Still Pose Data and Administration Challenges
- Adopt a Hybrid Approach to Providing IT Services and Share Administration Responsibilities With the Business
- Develop a Data Strategy for SaaS Solutions
- Re-evaluate and Reinvest in Search Solutions
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.