The increased focus and adoption of open-source software is bolstering network-based communications service providers' plans. Technology business unit leaders in CSPs must apply these best practices in implementing open-source software to increase agility, reduce vendor-lock and drive innovation.
- Invest Significantly in Developing the Open-Source Ecosystem
- Accelerate Implementation, but Follow a Phased Approach to Minimize Disruption
- Identify the Right Use Cases, Start With the Most Significant
- Develop a Comprehensive Roadmap With Accelerated Timelines
- Implement Agile and DevOps Methodologies
- Transform Vendor-Lock to New Vendor Partnerships and Accelerate Innovation
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.