In the Internet of Things, attractive opportunities lie beyond connectivity services. This report assists communications service provider technology business unit leaders focusing mainly on IoT connectivity services, or has just entered the IoT market to grow IoT-related revenue beyond connectivity.
- The IoT Market Opportunity Is Attractive but Connectivity Services Constitute Only a Small Portion
- CSPs Can Derive Opportunities From Challenges Confronting Enterprises
- Market Structure Trend
- Major CSPs Are Acquiring Adjacent Capabilities to Expand Their IoT Value Propositions in the Enterprise Segment
- Opportunities for CSPs Beyond Connectivity Services
- Recommendations for CSP Technology Business Unit Leaders
Vendors to Watch
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2021 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.