To remain relevant to their business units, sourcing and vendor management leaders focusing on technology procurement need to develop collaborative business engagements by defining high-level objectives, developing business-focused skills and promoting stakeholder participation.
- Promote Your Team as a Strategic Business Capability by Defining Technology Procurement Values
- Exploratory Agile Technology Procurement Values
- Develop Your Team With Skills in Exploratory Approaches Including Agile and Lean
- Develop the Capability for Agility and Speed
- Develop Business-Outcome-Focused Skills
- Ensure Stakeholders Are Invested in Business-Aligned Sourcing Strategies by Adopting a Transparent, Collaborative Approach
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.