The information security threats to the modern supply chain, across data and IT infrastructure, product, and operations components are real, complex and growing. Supply chain leaders can use this research to develop a plan of attack to address this multifront battle.
- Focus on an Integrated Digital Security Approach to IT and Data, Product, and Operations-Related Technology
- The Growing Nature of the Threats
- Complexity of the Response Tools to Address Many of These Threats
- Digital Security — A New Way of Looking at the Problem
- Address the Major Digital Security Challenges
- Pre-eminent Challenge: Governance
- Additional Challenges
- Take the Lead on Product Security
- Protect Supply Chain Digital Security With a Superset of Approaches
- Develop a Timeline for Supply Chain Digital Security
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.