Managed security service providers define their own service descriptions, making it difficult to directly compare them. Security and risk management leaders can use this research to recognize which service deliverables are most fundamental, helping buyers align their requirements to MSSP offerings.
- Establish Service Requirements Before Engaging Providers
- Threat Detection
- Security Device Management
- Vulnerability Management
- Align Service Reporting Effectively to Identify Service Deficiencies and Inefficiencies
- Common Overlay
- Ready Your Internal Processes
- Choose Only Providers That Commit to Regular, Fixed-Format Reporting and Alerting With SLAs
- Identify Service Customization Requirements From the Outset
- Key Data Points to Request
- Measuring Service Performance
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.