To support digital business, IT must take a role in the process of the business itself, but many IT departments remain focused on the business of IT. Technical professionals must improve their organization's I&O maturity in order to better respond to business needs and succeed with ITSM initiatives.
- What Is the Gartner ITScore for I&O Maturity Model?
- Why Is I&O Maturity Important?
The Gartner Approach
The Guidance Framework
- Steps for Improving I&O Maturity
- Step 1: Establish a Baseline for I&O Maturity
- Assessing Maturity
- Improving Your I&O Maturity
- Moving From Level 1 to Level 2
- Moving From Level 2 to Level 3
- Moving From Level 3 to Level 4
- Moving From Level 4 to Level 5
- Step 2: Improve, Standardize, Integrate and Measure Your Processes
- Where Does ITIL Fit In?
- How to Improve Your Processes
- Step 3: Shift From "Tech-Centric" to "Business-Centric"
- Step 4: Improve Your Service Quality
- What Successful Organizations Do That You Don't
- How to Improve Your Service Quality
- Step 5: Continually Reinvent and Redefine the IT Environment
Risks and Pitfalls
Gartner Recommended Reading