At this early stage of the emerging market for PARs, there are several potential business models that providers might adopt. Technology business unit leaders looking at what level of resources they might commit to this market should consider all the different models as no clear leader has emerged.
- Conversational AI, Content and Service Need Improvement for an Enhanced User Experience
- Culture Affects PAR Acceptance and Adoption in the Consumer Space
- Educate the Market Through B2B Revenue Streams With Selected Customer Groups
- Recurring-Revenue Model for Lower Prices and Closer Customer Relationships
- Monetizing Model Options
- Service/Solution Models
- Platform Models
- Capability Model
- What to Consider When Selecting Monetizing Model Options
- Identify the Model Based on Focus and Strength
- Prioritize Existing Known Issues and Immediate Needs
- Understand the Types of Stakeholders and What They Value
- Work With Appropriate Stakeholders for an Effective Ecosystem
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.