Across regions, healthcare policy and modernization programs seek a more integrated and affordable service delivery model facilitated by digital technology. Healthcare CIOs can use this case study to see how a regional e-health agency is evolving a citizen-centered digital ecosystem.
- The Andalucía Health Region
- Background Context — Andalucía Digital Health Policy 1990-2017
- Align CIO Leadership and IT Operations Functions by Creating and Communicating a Consistent Digital Vision Addressing Different Stakeholder Concerns on the Way
- Ensure Clinical and Business Requirements Are Governed Through a Clinical Design Authority to Focus the Enterprise Architecture, Carefully Avoiding Siloed Solutions
- Create an Open-Standards Environment by Establishing an Interoperability Office That Governs Integration Capability on a Functional (Not Product) Basis
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.