In every industry today, traditional business models and processes are being transformed by the spread of digital technology capabilities and the rise of new disruptive threats. This presents an opportunity for CIOs to rethink these models to deliver the value driven by digital ambition.
- Key Question
- Opportunities and Challenges
- How This Report Will Help
- What is digital ambition?
- Digital ambition, not technology, sets the tone for the digital journey
- Design the operating model for digital ambition
What is digital ambition?
- Digital ambition is the foundation of digital business transformation
- Four digital ambition patterns
Digital ambition, not technology, sets the tone for the digital journey
- Create an industry vision for digital business success
- Determining a digital journey
Design the operating model for digital ambition
- Aligning operating model patterns to the digital journey
- Call to action
- Related content
- Gartner Executive Programs reports
- Core research
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.