The digital era is transforming the marketplace and enabling profound, radically new value propositions. CIOs seeking to exploit these emerging opportunities must reinvent the I&T operating model to empower the enterprise to realize new, disrupting, sustainable sources of revenue and market value.
- I&T Operating Model Patterns
- The Gartner Invention I&T Operating Model
- Cross-Functional, Flattened, Fluid and Distributed Organizations
- Core Competencies to the Invention I&T Operating Model
- Transitioning From the Value-Optimizing IT Operating Model to Invention Operating Model
- Governance, Delivery Operations and Architecture Expand to Become Enterprise Capabilities
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.