Data science is giving rise to a new age of security automation. This note discusses the key trends driving automation, markets of interest and how technology strategic planners should rethink their go-to-market stories to include automation as a statement of value.
- The Market Conditions Driving Automation
- Trend 1: Threat Detection Demands Automation
- Trend 2: Human Resource Constraints Influence Buyers
- Trend 3: High Speed Business Runs on Automation
- Trend 4: Automation Is Infectious
- Why GTM Strategies Must Change in the Era of Security Automation
- Three Winning GTM Strategies for Security Automation
- Method 1: Improve Security Operations
- Method 2: Reduce Risk
- Method 3: Be Fast
- Current State of Automation in Security
Background and Context
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.