Major public IaaS providers' IAM capabilities will be increasingly, but variably, viable alternatives to third-party IAM software and IDaaS. Security and risk management leaders must evaluate use-case needs, current IAM investments and skills, and provider feature set maturity to make good choices.
Impacts and Recommendations
- Public cloud IaaS providers are delivering viable IAM capabilities, particularly for applications hosted in their clouds, but these options add decision-making complexity for IAM leaders looking for solutions
- Identify Use Cases and Application Architectures
- Evaluate Public Cloud IAM Vendors' Capabilities to Meet Your Functional Requirements
- Vendors' IAM Capabilities and Support for Different Use Cases
- Evaluate Use of IaaS IAM From Nonfunctional Perspectives
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.