Marketing leaders are clear on which capabilities are required for modern marketing success. Marketing leaders can use our survey findings to discover the most critical marketing expertise, the importance of soft skills, where agencies provide value and optimal partner engagement models.
- Customer Experience Desires Mismatched With Organizational Reality
- Martech and CX Identified as the Two Most Important Functional Groups
- Marketing Leaders Must Address Customer Insight, Product Management, Martech and Data Literacy Gaps
- Analytics, Martech and Insight Skills Are at a Premium
- The Marketing Soft Skills Trifecta: Creativity, Resourcefulness and Adaptability
- The Marketer of the Future Is T-Shaped
- Fat-T Marketers Have Strategy and Martech at the Core; Specialists Are Strongest in Insight and Analytics
- Marketers Look to Agencies for Expertise, Quality and Flexibility
- Martech Vendors Surpass Agencies in Length of Service Engagements, AOR Fades Away
- Workhorse Projects Hit the Agency Value "Sweet Spot"
- Marketers Seek Agencies With Martech, Insight and Content Expertise
- Agency Pay Is Linked to Delivery and Results, With Fixed-Scope and Performance-Related Pay Models on the Rise
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.