With AI, chatbots, mobile messaging and IoT on the rise, customer service and support technologies are recognized by application, business and IT leaders as increasingly essential to customer experience. This Hype Cycle helps IT leaders assess the maturity and risks of these technologies.
Hype Cycle for CRM Customer Service and Customer Engagement, 2017
- What You Need to Know
- The Hype Cycle
- The Priority Matrix
- Off the Hype Cycle
- On the Rise
- Blockchain for Customer Service
- Field Service Drones
- Things as Customers
- Augmented Reality for Customer Support
- Workforce Engagement Management
- Collaborative Customer Interfaces
- Voice-Driven Customer Service Apps
- Consumer Messaging Applications for CRM
- Customer Engagement Hub
- Customer Psychographics
- 360-Degree View
- At the Peak
- Customer Journey Analytics
- Digital Experience Platforms
- IoT for Customer Service
- MDM and Social Data
- Emotion Detection/Recognition
- Expertise Location and Management
- Video Chat for Customer Service
- Voice of the Customer
- BPM for Customer Service and Support
- In-App Mobile Customer Service
- Customer Engagement Center Interaction Analytics
- Sliding Into the Trough
- Analytics for Customer Intelligence
- Recorded Video Customer Service
- Virtual Customer Assistants
- Knowledge Management for Customer Service
- Mobile Field Service Management
- Speech Analytics
- Cloud-Based Customer Engagement Center
- Social for CRM: Social Feedback Management
- Customer Self-Service Suites
- Enterprise Feedback Management
- Climbing the Slope
- Customer Engagement Center Performance Management
- Field Service Workforce Optimization
- MDM of Customer Data
- On-Premises Customer Service Apps
- External P2P Communities
- Social Media Engagement Applications
- Customer Engagement Center Quality Management
- Work at Home — CM BPO
- Entering the Plateau
- Comprehensive CM BPO
- Customer Engagement Center Workforce Management
- Hype Cycle Phases, Benefit Ratings and Maturity Levels
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.