Supply chain leaders responsible for technology transformation must prepare for the impacts of disruptive technology trends on people, business and IT. This research outlines the top eight strategic technology trends for supply chain and helps determine how they can provide a competitive advantage.
Impacts and Recommendations
- Supply Chain Leaders Responsible for Technology Transformation Must Determine the Implications of Disruptive Supply Chain Technologies
- Trend No. 1: Artificial Intelligence
- Trend No. 2: Advanced Analytics
- Trend No. 3: Internet of Things
- Trend No. 4: Intelligent Things
- Trend No. 5: Conversational Systems
- Trend No. 6: Robotic Process Automation
- Trend No. 7: Immersive Technologies Like Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality
- Trend No. 8: Blockchain
- The Hype Around Disruptive Technology Trends Can Tempt Supply Chain Leaders to Explore a Trend Before Validating It
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.